Restorative Gloucestershire is committed to promoting the use of Restorative Practices through facilitation, advice and by supporting others to use and develop restorative skills.
Restorative Gloucestershire is a group of statutory, non statutory and voluntary sector partners that have joined with the aim of offering all people who come into contact with the criminal justice system (CJS) or who come into conflict in the community an opportunity to participate in a restorative intervention.
We aim to:-
- Develop the use of Restorative Practices across services operating in Gloucestershire and throughout communities in Gloucestershire.
- Build on existing work where Restorative Practices impact positively on outcomes in order to develop a strategy designed to embed Restorative Practices county-wide.
- Implement the use of Restorative Practice Philosophy, not just Restorative Justice Interventions.
- Place an emphasis on the proactive, community and relationship building side of Restorative Practice as well as dealing with reactive side of Restorative Practice.
- Employ agreed protocols that strengthen relationships and seek to repair harm when relationships break down.
- Be a central hub and centre of excellence for Restorative Practices in Gloucestershire by:
- Providing training, advice and guidance
- Offering Restorative Interventions service using qualified, experienced volunteer facilitators
- Promoting and supporting the use of restorative practice across the County
- Setting up a system of support for all Restorative Practitioners operating within Gloucestershire